In Focused Forward: Navigating the Storms of Adult ADHD, author and self proclaimed “ADHD-er” James M. Ochoa, LPC goes beyond the management and scheduling techniques most ADHD books focus on to deal with what really holds so many ADHD-ers back—the emotional fallout of ADHD. He helps readers identify, manage and alleviate symptoms of a PTSD-like condition he calls the Emotional Distress Syndrome, with practical, proven advice including:
- Understanding the link between ADHD and emotional distress
- What Emotional Distress Syndrome (“EDS”) feels like
- How to construct an Emotional Safe Place
- How to recruit your own Mental Support Group
- Eight essential tools to help you cope
- And more…
With wisdom, humor, and plenty of (sometimes painful) empathy, Focused Forward will help adults with ADHD move past the pain and shame toward a future full of possibility, balance and joy.